Before or after your Museum experience, check out nearby Jackson, Wyoming! Here are some great things you can do:
What is Jackson Hole famous for?
- Jackson, Wyoming and Grand Teton National Park are great places to visit in the fall because of its stunning scenery, mild weather, and abundance of outdoor activities. The aspen trees turn a brilliant yellow, creating a breathtaking backdrop for hiking, biking, and fishing. Visitors can also enjoy scenic drives, wildlife viewing, and cultural events.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is one of the most popular ski resorts in the United States. The resort offers a variety of terrain for skiers and snowboarders of all levels, as well as stunning views of the Teton Range.
- Go hiking or biking in Grand Teton National Park. Grand Teton National Park is a beautiful place to hike or bike. There are trails for all levels of experience, from easy walks to challenging mountain hikes.
- Visit the National Elk Refuge. The National Elk Refuge is home to over 10,000 elk during the winter months. Visitors can take a guided tour of the refuge or go on a self-guided snowshoe tour.
- Go shopping on Town Square. Jackson Hole has a variety of shops, from high-end boutiques to souvenir shops. Visitors can find everything from clothing and jewelry to art and home decor.
- Eat at a local restaurant. Jackson Hole has a variety of restaurants, serving everything from American cuisine to international fare. Some popular restaurants include The Mangy Moose, Bin 22, and The Bird.
- Take a scenic drive. There are many scenic drives in the Jackson Hole area, offering stunning views of the mountains and forests. Some popular drives include the Teton Park Road, the Moose-Wilson Road, and the Gros Ventre Road.
- Go white-water rafting on the Snake River. The Snake River is a popular destination for white-water rafting. There are rapids for all levels of experience, from beginner to expert. Our friends at Lewis & Clark River Expeditions can help you plan.
- Go fly-fishing. Fly-fishing is a popular activity in Jackson Hole. There are many places to go fly-fishing, including the Snake River, the Green River, and the Yellowstone River.
- Check out Yellowstone National Park: Yellowstone National Park is a vast wilderness area in the western United States, covering over 3,472 square miles. It is home to over 10,000 geothermal features, including geysers, hot springs, mudpots, and fumaroles. Our nation’s first national park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including bison, elk, bears, wolves, and coyotes. Yellowstone is a popular destination for tourists and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Check out Grand Teton National Park: Grand Teton National Park is a beautiful park in northwestern Wyoming. It is home to the Teton Range, a mountain range with 13 peaks over 12,000 feet tall. The park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including bison, elk, bears, and wolves.
Just 90 minutes from The National Museum of Military Vehicles, Jackson Hole is famous for its Grand Teton National Park, world-renowned skiing, abundant wildlife, outdoor recreation opportunities, and unique Western culture. It is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, with access to national forests, parks, and wilderness areas. Visitors can experience western heritage through rodeos, chuckwagon dinners, and other activities. Jackson Hole also has a thriving arts community with galleries, museums, and festivals showcasing local and national artists.
Things To Do In Jackson, Wyoming
Jackson, Wyoming offers a wide range of activities to suit any traveler. Visitors can explore the natural beauty of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, ski or snowboard at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, attend a rodeo or festival, visit museums and galleries, go fishing or rafting on the Snake River, take a horseback ride, soak in natural hot springs, and enjoy the local food and craft beer scene. Whatever your interests, Jackson has plenty to offer for a memorable vacation.
Top Attractions in Jackson, Wyoming
Jackson, Wyoming offers a range of top attractions to explore, from the stunning Grand Teton National Park and world-renowned Jackson Hole Mountain Resort to the National Museum of Wildlife Art and the charming alpine village of Teton Village. Visitors can also enjoy outdoor recreation on the Snake River and in Bridger-Teton National Forest, take a sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge, explore Jackson Town Square, attend the Jackson Hole Rodeo, and hike around Jenny Lake. There’s something for everyone in this beautiful Wyoming town.
Things to do in Jackson Hole During Winter
While winter is a great time to visit The National Museum of Military Vehicles, nearby Jackson Hole is a must-visit winter destination for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a range of activities to suit any traveler. From skiing and snowboarding at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort to snowshoeing and wildlife safaris in Grand Teton National Park, visitors can enjoy the area’s stunning winter landscapes and abundant wildlife. Other popular winter activities include dog sledding, hot springs soaking, sleigh rides through the Elk Refuge, and snowmobiling in Yellowstone National Park. The area also offers plenty of après-ski options, from hot cocoa to craft beer, making it a perfect winter getaway for all.
Things to do in Jackson Hole During Summer
There are so many things to do near the Museum (we are located next to the Big Wind River with Wind River Mountain Range south and Absaroka Mountains north in Fremont County, Wyoming, Jackson Hole, just a quick 90-minute drive from the museum, is also wonderful summer destination, offering a range of outdoor activities and cultural experiences. Visitors can hike in Grand Teton National Park, go whitewater rafting or kayaking on the Snake River, attend a rodeo, take a scenic tram ride, go mountain biking, horseback riding, visit Yellowstone National Park, attend a music festival, play golf, or explore downtown Jackson. With stunning mountain views and endless opportunities for adventure, Jackson Hole is the perfect summer destination for travelers of all ages and interests.
What activities is Jackson, WY known for?
We are located in the niche below the intersection of two great mountain ranges: the volcanic Absarokas spilling eastward from Yellowstone, and the southeastward-ranging Wind River Mountains, the tallest mountain range in Wyoming. But if Jackson is on your travel list, Jackson Hole, just 90 minutes from the Musuem, is a wonderful summer destination, offering a range of outdoor activities and cultural experiences. Visitors can hike in Grand Teton National Park, go whitewater rafting or kayaking on the Snake River, attend a rodeo, take a scenic tram ride, go mountain biking, horseback riding, visit Yellowstone National Park, attend a music festival, play golf, or explore downtown Jackson. With stunning mountain views and endless opportunities for adventure, Jackson Hole is the perfect summer destination for travelers of all ages and interests.
What is there to do in Jackson if you don't ski?
There are many activities to enjoy near Jackson, Wyoming, even if skiing isn’t your thing. First on your list? Visit The National Museum of Military Vehicles. We're close to Jackson. Next up? You can visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art, go on a wildlife tour, or take a scenic drive through Grand Teton National Park or Yellowstone National Park. You can also go fishing, soak in a hot spring, go shopping, or attend a music festival or cultural event. With its beautiful scenery and diverse activities, Jackson is a great destination for all kinds of travelers.
What are some popular outdoor activities to do in Jackson, Wyoming?
Either before or after you visit The National Museum of Military Vehicles, check out Jackson, Wyoming, a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a plethora of activities for visitors to explore the stunning natural beauty of the area. Hiking, wildlife viewing, fishing, rafting, kayaking, camping, mountain biking, horseback riding, and skiing are among the most popular activities to enjoy in Jackson. With national forests, parks, and three nearby resorts, visitors can immerse themselves in the great outdoors year-round. Whether you are a seasoned adventurer or a beginner looking to explore, Like our Museum, Jackson is a must-visit destination.
What are some family-friendly activities in Jackson, Wyoming?
Our guests are searching for family-friendly things to do in the area either before or after their visit to The National Museum of Military Vehicles. Jackson, Wyoming, just 90 minutes from the Museum, offers a range of family-friendly activities for all ages. Visit nearby Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks to explore the great outdoors, or take a ride on the Jackson Hole Aerial Tram for breathtaking views. Attend weekly summer rodeos or take guided tours to see wildlife in their natural habitats. Indoor options include the National Museum of Wildlife Art and the Jackson Hole Children’s Museum. During winter, nearby resorts offer skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. Finish the day by relaxing in the natural hot springs. Jackson is an ideal destination for families to learn, explore, and have fun together.
Where can I find information on guided tours and activities in the Jackson area?
While The National Museum of Military Vehicles offers free tours every day we are open, here is how you can find guided tours and activities in Jackson, Wyoming. Check out resources such as the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce website, Jackson Hole Traveler website, and Wyoming Office of Tourism website. Local tour companies like Grand Teton Tours and Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris offer a range of activities. Hotel concierges can also recommend and book tours. With options such as guided hikes, wildlife tours, and river rafting, visitors can easily find activities to suit their interests.
Does Jackson Hole have a nightlife?
After grabbing lunch or a late afternoon snack at “The Canteen,” our restaurant, if you are heading to Jackson, Wyoming, you’ll discover Jackson Hole has a nightlife scene with plenty of options for entertainment after dark. While it may not have the same level of nightlife as a larger city, there are still several bars, restaurants, and clubs that offer live music, dancing, and other events. Many establishments offer a relaxed, casual atmosphere that caters to the après-ski crowd, while others have a more sophisticated vibe. Some popular spots include the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, the Silver Dollar Bar, and the Pink Garter Theatre. Additionally, Jackson Hole hosts several annual festivals and events, such as the Jackson Hole Food & Wine Festival and the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival, which offer additional opportunities for nightlife and entertainment.